- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
BeverageX collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to us. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Registration Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address when you register for an Account. We may also collect your user name and password.
- Payment Information. For example, we may collect your information such as your payment method and billing address you submit when you register for an Account.
- Information You Post. We may collect information you post in a public space on our Platform, such as on our product reviews feature. We may also collect photographs or videos that you post to our Platform.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Customer Service” page or similar features on our Platform. We may also collect the information you submit when you enter a Promotion.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code.
In addition to personal information that we may receive from you, BeverageX may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small bits of information that the Platform places on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the Platform to make your visits to the Platform more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit the Platform. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of the Platform may be lost. Certain Services provided by BeverageX, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
- Flash Cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web Beacons or Clear Pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that you select, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web Server Logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you to a webpage. The web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
- Social Networking Sites. If you log into your Account through sign-in services (e.g., Facebook Connect), you provide BeverageX with permission to access certain information about you from that social networking site, such as your Facebook User ID, user profile, friends list, and profile picture.
We may also collect personal information about Users over time and across different websites when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, analytics vendors, and companies that co-sponsor our Promotions.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Third party sites, including those that allow you to integrate your third-party account with your BeverageX Account.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use personal information that we collect through our Platform include:
- To Facilitate Requests for Managed Inventory. This could include fulfilling your Requests for Managed Inventory. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions.
- To Permit Enterprise Resource Planning. We may use your information to make our Platform, Content, and Services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us on the Website.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what Managed Inventory interest you.
- To Respond to Your Questions and Facilitating Promotions. This may include responding to your Feedback or notifying you if you win a Promotion.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our Services. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with Content about Managed Inventory or other Users. We might use your information to serve you ads about Managed Inventory or other Users. We might tell you about new Services. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Section titled Access and Choice below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our Platform, Content, and Services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- Lawful Purposes. As otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information within BeverageX.
- On our Platform. For example, we may display information you post on our review Services. We may also display information you submit in connection with a Promotion.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise suppliers and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails or deliver advertisements on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or Promotion. We may also share information with business partners and analytics vendors.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if BeverageX merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization, or other change of control. We may transfer our customer information as part of such a transaction or on a stand-alone asset.
- To Comply with the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or Promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- Social Media. The Platform may offer you the ability to share your personal information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. By making personal information available on the Platform, you “opt in” to allow BeverageX to provide such personal information to a social networking site without your further consent. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
- Consent. For other reasons we may describe to you after we have obtained your consent.
- PUBLIC FORUM. BeverageX may offer public discussion forums and bulletin boards. Please note that information that you disclose in these public forums become public. Use caution in disclosing any personal information. The Platform may also allow you to exchange messages with other Users. We may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you to manage them.
- ACCESS AND CHOICE. BeverageX has implemented the following procedure that you may use to access, correct, or delete your personal information:
- If you would like to know whether BeverageX has collected personal information about you please send us the activities and services that you participated in on the Platform that requested personal information. After reviewing the relevant databases, BeverageX will confirm whether BeverageX has collected such information about you.
- If your personal information is incorrect, you may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to BeverageX’s Privacy Agent at the address below. Your request must include (a) all of the incorrect personal information that you wish to change, (b) the corrected personal information, and (c) your signature authorizing such changes. BeverageX will then correct the personal information in our database and send a written confirmation to you.
- If you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from BeverageX, please contact us at the address listed below or use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email marketing communication. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your Account or to facilitate Orders you have made.
- If you would like to opt-out of behavioral advertising based on your use of the Platform, you can do so by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time BeverageX does not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with BeverageX are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the address listed below in the Section titled “Communications”.
Beverage Excellence LLC
Attn: BeverageX Privacy Agent
10 Polo Field Lane, Denver 80209
If BeverageX needs, or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of January 1, 2019.